Saturday 4 January 2014

ATCAS Challenge #29

Hello!! How are you all?

I hope for those of you that live in Queensland, Australia you have survived today's heat. I am actually away in Canberra at the moment but at home the mercury hit 41 degrees Celcius (105.8F). It was 31 degrees at 9am this morning. With the ever present humidity - not nice.

Tonight I am off to my step-fathers 50th birthday party (you will see the card I made for him on Wednesday morning when we are back over at ATSM). The theme of the party is 60's/70's and we are all getting dressed up. My son's costume is so cool and I can't wait to post some photos. 

Anyway! On to business....

We have our first challenge for 2014 happening right now over at Addicted to CAS

Your hostess this fortnight is Loll and here is the code word she has chosen -


We have a wonderful guest designer, too, for the month of January. Nancy Littrell has a wonderful CAS design and I can't wait to see what she does for each challenge. 


Here is my DT card -




I am really unhappy with my photo but as I am away from home (and what I am used to), this will have to do :(

I have simply cut the hearts with a die in the collection included in the Thinlits Circle card die from SU. The sentiment is my mum's (I raided her craft room) and is from a set that she hasn't labelled..... I have popped the hearts up on dimensionals. The card looks nicer in real life. 

Pop on over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the lovely ladies have been up to over their break and see what they have made for your inspiration.

Our sponsor for this challenge is



Thanks so much for looking xx

16 comments:

  1. CAS perfection Kylie, so adorable and all the white space makes my heart sing!! I really can't wait to see the photos, don't forget we need photos of your outfit too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and superbly CAS . Wow thats hot 41 !!!!! Sounds like a fun party and thats my era too so i want to see loads of piccies. Have a groovy time.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Kylie - gorgeous sentiment too. Happy New Year - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully clean and simple, a great card for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfectly CAS Kylie. Love the red and silver hearts ... and the perfect sentiment to match! Have fun at the party! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is simply CAS perfection - love the red and sparkly silver hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your sweet and simple Die Cut hearts card Kylie. Your mom's sentiment is perfect. I still have that and will have to look in my olded SU sets to find the name for you.
    Thank you so much Kylie for the sweet welcome. I am still SOOO Thrilled to be chosen as your January Guest Designer. I LOVE your Challenges and the amazingly creative and beautiful CAS cards your DT makes with every single challenge. So much inspiration with every challenge.
    Hugs and sure hope your temperatures and humidity go away....or at least get better! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAS perfection! This layout never fails and I love the addition of silver!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Kylie - perfectly cas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie, I love the simplicity of the three hearts with the sentiment. Perfection. I also love the single glimmery heart in the middle. Gorgeous card
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's hot Kylie ! Yes - the weather AND the card! I love the 3 hearts - the card design is simply beautiful!

    Look forward to seeing the party pics. - have fun!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful cas design with your pretty hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CAS beauty, I love the sparkly heart in the center :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great CAS card, Kylie! I love the red and silver on the white card base. It pops so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect example of a CAS card Kylie - stunning.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.